keithforum.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm 

More pics.

And Nope - I haven't seen the tarp clean out system but, alot of guys have been doing that the tarp way as long as I can remember.... I already have a tarp for the front of mine. I just haven't done the the moving system yet but, will soon.... I will have to take a look at your setup too... Thanks for the lead for the peek at your system Tom...

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: Left side wedge plate welded to lower replacement frame rail...
MVC-024S.JPG
MVC-024S.JPG [ 28.01 KiB | Viewed 7152 times ]
File comment: Picture of inside right front corner and under floor.
MVC-022S.JPG
MVC-022S.JPG [ 47.2 KiB | Viewed 7150 times ]
File comment: More fine work... Right side wedge plate welded to lower replacement frame rail...
MVC-020S.JPG
MVC-020S.JPG [ 26.78 KiB | Viewed 7148 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:11 am 
KEITH®service

Hoss,

Here is the link to our CleenSweep Tarp System. http://www.keithwalkingfloor.com/cleensweep.html

I will talk to you soon

Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 pm 

Hi Tom!

Got in from working on the trailer and working on the farm at 10:00pm... Got paged to a medical run at 10:07pm up on the toll road... Got that one completed and were almost back to the station and were dispatched to another medic run... For chest pain and difficulty breathing.... It is almost 12:15 am now. I had been in the a total of 7 minutes when the first page came thru. Had my supper in front of me... It is now cold again and I will be nuking it and trying to get a bite of supper and clean up. Then hit the sack and start all over again in the morning. We made a fair amount of progress again today. Even though it was just over a half a day on the trailer. It now has 5 crossmembers welded in position. Here are some pics. that I took tonite just before I headed home. They might be kinda dark..??

Nite! Or should I say - Good Morning now!!...????

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: Right side view of the new crossmembers in position and part of the wedge plate and frame rail.........
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG [ 29.24 KiB | Viewed 7128 times ]
File comment: Right front corner view on new work...
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG [ 40.32 KiB | Viewed 7126 times ]
File comment: Front view of new crossmembers...
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG [ 36.57 KiB | Viewed 7126 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:33 pm 

Nothing to report today! Welder stayed home with his wife today... To spend the day together.... Spoke to him this afternoon and we are going to hit the trailer hard tomorrow (Friday) and hopefully get somewhere near completion...???? Yeah! Guess we'll see what Friday brings. Hope to have more to report on Saturday. I have to take a fire truck to a parade tomorrow evening and have another tractor pull on Sat. afternoon. So I will post something as soon as I can for an update on tomorrow's work and progress... The last one of the year. Wish me luck... Talk with ya later. Have a great weekend...

Hoss.... 8-)

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:05 pm 
KEITH®service

Hi Hoss,

Good luck on Saturday. Hope to see more pictures.

Talk to you
Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:21 pm 

Hi Tom!

Thanks for the wishes!.... We will try and give'em HE11 tomorrow and sting'em again. For the last pull of the season. I will try and get some pics. tomorrow at the pull. If I can... We made alot of good progress on the trailer today. We got the upper coupler plate designed and put together today. It is ready for a test fit and then be taken back out and welded together. Then installed and we will start adding the final crossmembers. Moving towards the completion.... YEAH!!!! I should be off of the poop hauling job yet on Monday and maybe thru Wednesday....??? We are figuring on being on the trailer again on Monday and hopefully being towards completion by Monday nite.... Here is a pic. of what was done today....

After all of Adam's welding is finished - I will have a few days of work on a few things to be at a complete stage. But, I will be able to move it outside and get the trailer out of my friends shop and out of his way. Then I can move it in and out when I am working on it... I know he will appreciate that too.

I will post pics. of tomorrow - If I get any taken!

Nite!

Hoss.... "Ike".... 8-)

Here's a pic. of the new u/c plate and frame....

Attachments:
File comment: The new u/c plate and frame work...
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG [ 29.36 KiB | Viewed 7114 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 pm 

Hi Tom!

Major accomplishment today! The new u/c plate is in and with a few more crossmembers too. We have about 3 or 4 more crossmembers to put in on each side and then Adam can go to the weld,weld,weld, mode.... The front half of the u/c plate needs welded on top yet and the first 5 c/m's are half welded yet too.... Plus cutting the rest of them yet and fitting and welding them in to... It is late and I'm gonna hit the sack... I'll check back in tomorrow. Adam has another job to do tomorrow - so there won't be anything done unless it is in the late afternoon..???? Here's the pics. from today...

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: The u/c plate in position.
WF3@KPS100608.jpg
WF3@KPS100608.jpg [ 38.2 KiB | Viewed 7102 times ]
File comment: Another view of the plate.
WF2@KPS100608.jpg
WF2@KPS100608.jpg [ 45.01 KiB | Viewed 7104 times ]
File comment: View of the plate in place.
WF1@KPS100608.jpg
WF1@KPS100608.jpg [ 42.02 KiB | Viewed 7102 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:16 pm 

One more pic. from today.

Attachments:
File comment: The u/c plate in position....
WF4@KPS100608.jpg
WF4@KPS100608.jpg [ 42.43 KiB | Viewed 7101 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 am 
Site Admin

Hey Hoss,

Tom is out of the office, so I'll chime in.

The coupler plate looks good, especially the frame. I remember a few posts back you were debating on how you were going to position it fore and aft. What did you end up doing and how did you decide?

How did you do in the pulls over the weekend? Are you involved in the garden tractor racing at all?

Sounds like you're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's definitely a huge project you've taken on, it will feel good when it's accomplished. We really appreciate how you've shared your progress along the way. Hopefully the information you've provided will be a benefit to anyone else tackling a similar project.

I haven't forgotten your request for the avatars, I've just been swamped. It's on my list.

Keep on keepin' on,

Grutz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:36 pm 

Hello Grutz!

Hope Tom is alright.... I am thinking that by tomorrow nite the trailer will be within an hour or two of completion. Adam (my welder) had another job to do today and has another small one lined up for in the morning but, it looks like rain here tomorrow. So I think he will be on the trailer tomorrow. And if it is raining. Then my work will not happen tomorrow either. My other work is at the farm where my trailer is in their shop. So, I will already be down there and I think we will be working on the trailer tomorrow then. I do finally see the light at the end. It has been a long road but, it will be well worth it at completion. This project probably could have been done in 5-6 days or so. If we had been on it everyday. All day. Monday was the beginnig of week 5 if I'm right. The trailer had a 36" pin setting originally but, we "had" to move it ahead to 30" because of the lack of ability to get to the top of the pin in the framework and there is a crossmember directly on top of it at 36".... I had been debating moving it ahead earlier to 30" anyhow. So that decision was made by necessity anyhow.

I had a very sucessful weekend at the pull on Saturday afternoon/evening! Thank You! I won both of my classes. I won by over 6' in one class and by over 9' in the other. I ended up winning first in the points in both classes for the season. I won the one class by 50 points and the other by 51 points over the second place winner. Nope - We don't do the racing thing. We are just avid pullers.

You are welcome for my participation in the forum and thanks to you and Tom and to all who have allowed me to compile all of this here. And being patient with all of the pics. and content. I appreciate all of the input from you people at Keith. Makes me feel welcome.... I do hope than anyone watching this does get help out of my (our) work on this project. Adam and I were just discussing yesterday about doing another one if, we were approached to do another. It really hasn't been that bad. And I think we would attempt to do it again too.

I will be looking to see about the avatar. No hurry and no pressure. If you would let me know when you do it. I would appreciate it.

Thanks Again Grutz!

Hoss.... 8-)

No pics. tonite - No work today..... Nite!

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next