keithforum.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:33 pm 

Hi All!

I didn't accomplish much on the trailer myself today but, Adam was there for 4 hours today without me and welded alot of what was left to be welded. I ended up being paged out for the Fire Dept. on a semi fire up on the toll road. At 7:15am. I was supposed to be leaving to go pick up a trailer right about then. That incident was a fire and a hazmat and that burned up about 4 hours plus. So I went and picked up the tank and hoses after that and then ran an errand for myself while I was out. Then back to the farm with the truck and trailer where my trailer is in the shop. We are going to haul poop there tomorrow, part of the day and all day on Friday. We should accomplish everything that we need to do together tomorrow afternoon and then he will be on his own on Friday. He says he will have it done sometime Friday.... Then it will be up to me to finish the other things I need to do to it. Atleast I can move it outside and get it out of his shop and out of his way. And then I can move it in and out when or if I need to. I didn't take any pics. this evening when I got back to the farm. Like Adam said. I (he) worked 4 hours today but, it's one of those days where it looks like I didn't do much. It all is looking great. I am more than happy with Adam's work. He is by far the most superior welder that I know. And worth every penny too.....

When you read this Adam...... I would like to say a big "THANK YOU"...... In front of all of the internet for the work that you have done and for the calibur of work that you do..... "THANK YOU" my Friend.....

Hoss.... 8-)

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:46 pm 
KEITH®engineer

Hey Hoss,

The trailer is looking Great! :D Thanks for Keeping us posted on your progress. It's been fun watching the trailer come into shape.

P.S. Congrats on the pulls.

Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 am 
KEITH®service

Hello Hoss,

Tom here, sounds like things are coming together. From some of the pictures it looks like Adam knows how to weld. Good work Adam!!!

Thanks to Steve and the Grutz. Good to hear from you.

Thanks to you as well Hoss. Not only for talking with us about our floors but all the extra emergency work it sounds like you are doing. Keep up the good work!!!

and keep the picture coming. Did we get any from last Saturdays pull?

Talk to you later
Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:43 pm 

Hi Tom & Steve and All!

Thanks for the thumbs up Steve on the trailer and for the congrats on the pulls too.

Thanks for the comments Tom. I appreciate it and I am sure that Adam will too. I will keep the pics. coming on the trailer and as far as the pulls go. I took a few myself at the pulls but, didn't get any of me or Glen of course.

I was busy most of the day today hauling poop and ADam called and told me that he wasn't gonna make it this afternoon. I was gonna help him this afternoon late. He had another job go long on time and had to go look at another for tomorrow morning. So - no work today on the trailer at all. He is going to work on it tomorrow afternoon without my help or hinderance.... He is still hoping to complete his part yet tomorrow afternoon. As far as I know of yet. And as I said before numerous times. Then comes my part of the work to do. I don't know when that will be completed either. As long as I am busy with the trck. The trailer will stay at the shop waiting for my part. Looks like I could be busy for 3-4 more weeks yet. I am praying to be anyhow..... So needless to say. "NO NEW PICS." of the trailer today... I will put up a some from the pull last Saturday though. Here ya go fellas!!!! Oh, and thanks for all of your comments and following and advisement and such. I appreciate it very much. And I did look at the "Clean Sweep" deal there Tom.... That is a nice setup.... Wish I could afford it.... I think that is out of the question now and I don't know when it could happen. And I don't even know the cost...

Thanks Again All!

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: This is my best friend's (pulling buddy) Glen's son Little Glen "Jodie" at the end of a pull with the front end in the air...
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG [ 45.03 KiB | Viewed 7425 times ]
File comment: This is the guy (on the tractor) that is giving up the sled after 20 yrs. and his son is running the sled in this pic. too....
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG [ 44.28 KiB | Viewed 7422 times ]
File comment: This is a pictute of the clubs self propelled sled. Like the big boys use. Glen & I are taking over the sled duties next season and beyond!
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG [ 41.72 KiB | Viewed 7422 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:31 pm 

Hi Tom, Steve, & Grutz and All!

OK! Well - Adam's work is complete! He went to the farm (shop) this afternoon and worked until about 7:30pm tonite and completed his portion. It looks stupendous. Thank You Again Adam for your terriffic job on the trailer... Now it is up to me to complete the rest on my own. In my own time. I got the word tonite. Thru the grapevine that I will be returning to work at that large dairy farm on Monday to haul poop again.... So - when my schedule allows again. I will continue to work on it. I am taking a trailer back to the poop contractor tomorrow morning and I am going to pick up some needed parts for me to be able to work on it. And I am going to work on it some tomorrow to try to get it mobile. I will have to repair the air lines and the elec. pigtail tomorrow. So that I can move it outside. After the repairs - I have a mess of scrap steel and stuff to move before I can move it out. Here are a few pics. that I took tonite. They are kinda dark but, I will post them anyhow.... I will take some tomorrow when it is hooked to the truck and outside....

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: Another left front view..
WF7@KPS101008.jpg
WF7@KPS101008.jpg [ 37.04 KiB | Viewed 7405 times ]
File comment: Left front corner view with the completed u/c and all of the frame completed in place too....
WF6@KPS101008.jpg
WF6@KPS101008.jpg [ 38.07 KiB | Viewed 7409 times ]
File comment: Right front corner view with the completed u/c and all of the frame completed in place too.
WF5@KPS101008.jpg
WF5@KPS101008.jpg [ 37.66 KiB | Viewed 7407 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

Last edited by In KW Trucker on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:34 pm 

2 more pics....

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: Looking up thru the left front corner at the roof. I can see the light! LOL......
WF9@KPS101008.jpg
WF9@KPS101008.jpg [ 31.61 KiB | Viewed 7403 times ]
File comment: Different angle on left front.
WF8@KPS101008.jpg
WF8@KPS101008.jpg [ 36.2 KiB | Viewed 7398 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:58 pm 

Hi All!

Well - Here it is! Project complete! (Enough to hook up and pull it outside anyways!). About 7:00pm last evening. I still have alot of my own work to do yet. I R&R'ed the air lines and pigtail cable yesterday. Put on my slick disc and marked out and drilled for most of the new and replacement lights too. I have about nine new pics. to put on but, I will only put on a few and if you guys want the rest. I will put them up later....

Here they are!

Hoss.... 8-)

Attachments:
File comment: Side view - Hooked up and outside in the light!
WF17@KPS101108.jpg
WF17@KPS101108.jpg [ 31.63 KiB | Viewed 7389 times ]
File comment: Side/Front view....
WF13@KPS101108.jpg
WF13@KPS101108.jpg [ 31.52 KiB | Viewed 7391 times ]
File comment: Up close shot hooked to the truck.
WF10@KPS101108.jpg
WF10@KPS101108.jpg [ 40.23 KiB | Viewed 7389 times ]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:36 pm 
KEITH®service

Hello Hoss,

Thank is great news. I am glad we got to hang out with you and see this trailer go thru a bulkhead repair.

Keep those great pictures coming in.

Thanks again Hoss

Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:11 pm 

Hey Guys!

Been working my tail off hauling poop. Going at 4:30am and done about 9:30pm.... Long days and no nites! Atleast not very long ones... Gonna be off for a few days now. I am gonna head down and try and work on the trailer some more. Lights, wiring, etc... tomorrow and see what I can get done before the rain sets in for the weekend. And the rain will turn into rain mixed with "SNOW" Sunday nite and Monday. And we are supposed to go back to work on Monday don't ya know. "YUCK" - No snow yet.... Just thought I would check in and see what was going on here. Tho't I might try and keep this thread alive here!

Nite guys! Been at the house about 30 minutes.... Gonna hit the sack. And take off early in the morning to catch up on errands and pick up some stuff too!

Hoss..... 8-)

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:54 pm 
KEITH®engineer

hey Hoss,

it looks great!!!

thanks for taking us along through the project.

Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next