keithforum.com

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:13 pm 

Hello Tom & All!

I have had an oil leak problem since I bought the trailer. It leaks the worst when it it in neutral (bypass) and it seem s to some from the end ond the cylinder like out of a weep hole maybe. It can be a steady drip to a steam about the size of a pencil lead. Not too bad but, not too good. And it makes somewhat of a mess. But I do use a bucket to catch it so that it isn't that big of a deal. Is this an easy fix or what do you think???? I know that I have waited too long now. Seed corn is due to start within about 10-12 days or so???? Tell me what you think.... I will try and post of a couple links to pics from seed corn 2009 unloading at one of the plants here now...

[url]URL=http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/HossF350/?action=view&current=0910091910.mp4]Image[/url][/url]

[img][IMG]http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/HossF350/DSCF1219.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/HossF350/DSCF1220.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww298/HossF350/DSCF1221.jpg[/img][/img]

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 am 
KEITH®service

Hello Hoss,

Good to hear from you!

You are right. We did use steel for the 1x1s. I bet Bob Ferguson has some or I can get him some. The bearings as well. Check how wide the cross members are. The bearing part number 300301 has a 2-7/16" wide opening. and the number 300304 is 3-1/8" wide.

Talk to you later Hoss

Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:45 am 
KEITH®service

Sorry Hoss,

I read the first page about 1x1's.

Here is what I think about the leak. Sounds like it is coming from the check valve. Could be just a check valve seal kit needed. Get me a good picture if you can.

Thanks Hoss!

Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm 

Hey Tom!

How hard are the check valve seal kits to install? Does it have to come out from under the trailer? And how about any approximate cost of one too?

Don't have a picture as of yet....

Hoss....

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:37 pm 
KEITH®service

Hi Hoss,

Seal kits are about 10 dollars. Yes, it is a lot easier to replace seals with the valve off of the trailer. But there is not much to them. You have a seal and wiper in the neck of the valve, under the dust cap. Also o-rings in the body of the valve and in the hard line tubes. These are all included under seal kit part number 3878101.

Let me know if you need help.
Talk to you later
Tom Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 am 

I am getting ready to start another seed corn season in a couple of weeks. Still haven't gotten the seals changed. Don't know if I have time now.... Can I find an exploded view of the valve(s) - So I know what I am looking at tearing into....????
I think it will be almost 3 weeks before we start though. Could be wrong though. Last year was a short 2 1/2 to 3 week season. I am hoping for more like 5 to 6 this year....

Wish me luck for this season!

Ike (Hoss)....

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:47 pm 

Well - I figured out that my trailer has an electric solenoid valve in the pressure line to be remotely activated to control the floorl I am going to reconnect the wiring and hook up a wireless remote control setup that I have and see if I can get it to work. If I can get this to work - it will make the trailer bypass direct to the return line and miss the rest of the system. IE - theoretically stopping the leaks that I have in bypass mode when the floor is not running to unload. Hopefully this works out great....???? It is hotter than he[[ here right now. Temps. are in the mid 90's and heat index just under 100*.... I am in the house in the A/C right now. Have been out in the heat all day and I am whipped. The countdown to seed is on now. Pushed back to Tuesday 9/6 now.... It would help me out if all this rain we are supposed to be getting over the weekend would get me another day or two yet to get myself and the rig ready to go.... I never seem to have enough time to get ready either.... God help me get ready.... Then - When the flag drops - It's off to the races....

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

Last edited by In KW Trucker on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:32 am 

Well - I got the wireless remote control all wired into the electric solenoid valve. Which I tested the solenoid valve first to make sure that it was working - and it is.... And the wireless system works like a champ too.... I have the tarp in the front rolling on cables from the front to the rear on pulleys now too. And knock on wood it is all working tremendously.... Man Oh Man - have I ever gotten flack from all of the guys for having the tarp all setup and the wireless remote control for the floor working. They all say I am lazy and making the BIIIIGGGGG Bucks $$$$ to have that setup on my trailer.... I tell them all the same thing.... The old girl is not pretty but, it is in the high tech realm of things.... The remote control is a setup that I bought on ebay for around $15.00 too.... And best of all - I still don't have hardly $6500 in the trailer total investment.... Added more hose to the front - so that I don't have to unhook them every time too.... What a mess that made on the truck and the trailer.... I have been at seed now for a week today. Had a sick daughter this morning - so I am home with her til my wife can get out off work. Then off to load for morning delivery. I took yesterday off for a tractor pull.... So it will be back to work this afternoon late.... It's gonna be in the mid 80's here today and then possibly a light frost on thursday nite into friday. High for thursday is near 58*....

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:14 am 

Blew a super single on the trailer nite before last (late Afternoon actually). Luckily - no damage to speak of. Sacraficed a mudflap though. Had a friend bring me another tire & rim already mounted and had a road service tire shop change it out. The one that I put on was to limp me thru to get that load off. It is not good enough to run though. Finally found another used one and am going after it this morning. Lost a day of work yesterday because of miscooperation from (Oh well) long story. Gonna loose another day today and off tomorrow for a tractor pull. Hope to get it back on four tires today. Tire shop also twisted off a wheel stud. That just adds to the repair time. To have to go and try and find the right one. That alone is a BIG if in itself too. Getting alot of grief from the grower. All I can do is all I can do and I will be back to work when the trailer is fixed right! Don't need to give anymore reason to find a problem to the truck cops.... I have got to jet - here as soon as the kids are on the bus.... Have a good one guys! Out for the day!

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 am 

Hey All! It is in the ending stretch of the seed season of 2012. I started late and we are almost done! The trailer has worked good so far. Blew another single a couple of days back. The singles are coming off and going back to duals. Tired of the down time along the road and the damage they cause when they blow. Gonna sacrifice some weight to go back to duals but, I am going to 8 alums. and LP 22.5's. Shouldn't be too bad. I am already heavy so whats a little more weight. I don't care at this point. Haven't shot any video this year yet. Maybe later on. I will try to update more info and pics soon. I am off today for a tractor pull this afternoon. Then I "should" go back to work tomorrow....???? I am out for the day to get ready for the pull.... See Ya All Later!

86 J&L Grain Hopper/Tank
78 Ravens 42'x96" Flat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next