keithforum.com

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moduled Biomass
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 am 

I have a prospective client requiring a material processing system to handle 83 tons/hr of moduled biomass, similar in consistency to small pine limbs (see image). Standard cotton moduling equipment is to be used to create 8' x 8' x 32' free standing modules of the biomass. The material bulk density is approximately 10 lbs/cubic foot. A standard roller bed cotton module feeder serves well as a feeding device although the walking floor system has not been discounted. I would like your comments on the use of the walking floor. The cotton module disperser is not suitable for the rigors of breaking apart the moduled biomass. The job requires a much more robust machine along the lines of a bebaler or hammermill. Any comments or experience with this type opener? Thanks.

Attachments:
Picture of  Module Feeder 006.jpg
Picture of Module Feeder 006.jpg [ 79.31 KiB | Viewed 17953 times ]

Post subject: Re: Moduled Biomass
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm 
KEITH®sales

egjoet,

Thank you for using the Keith forum. I have reviewed your message and am very interested in helping you.

It looks like the material is possibly a sagebrush type plant, is this correct? It appears you are using a "Module builder" to capture the material and then transporting material to roller bed and then on to your "dispersement" head.

Are you using a Module retriever truck to haul this product?

From the photo it looks like the material could possibly be anywhere from 6" to 24" long, is this correct? If so I completely understand why the dispersement head is not working very well for you.

Keith Mfg has a lot of experience with handling difficult material, however I would need more information on the material itself, it would also be very helpful to know what you are doing with material once it goes through dispersement head.

Thanks
Mike Robinson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:25 am 

Mike:

I am bound by a NDA to maintain confidentiality. However, you are correct in your assumptions. It is similar to sage brush and the lengths can vary from 6" to 24". The material, once pulled apart by the disperser, goes through a hammermill (or series of) for further reduction. A standard cotton module disperser with conventional dispersing cylinders is just not substantial enough to withstand the wear and tear. I'm inclined to consider heavy high-inertial type cylinders, i.e. a large debaler or shredder. Thanks.

egjoet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm 
KEITH®sales

egjoet,

I completely understand your need for confidentiality; Keith Mfg has worked under these conditions many times.

Keith Mfg would be very happy to work with your company to help resolve the difficulties on this project, I am very confident we can completely resolve your problem. We are very capable of constructing either a more robust type cylinder or some other device to break material apart.

If you have the opportunity to visit the KEITH web site you will have the opportunity to see a variety of equipment Keith Mfg has constructed to complement the KEITH WALKING FLOOR system. {Spike Rolls, Augers, Combs, Cotton module feeder head}

Keith Mfg is a company with a tremendous amount of ability to manufacturer most any piece of equipment that has to do with Material handling.

Again thanks for using the Keith Forum.

Mike Robinson